Thursday, May 3, 2012




14.Why do you think the author wrote this story? Where did he or she get the idea or the characters? What message do you think that the author is trying to share?


I think the author wrote this story because he/she wanted us to see how hard other teens lives are. The author might have gotten his ideas for the half-men from all of the animals that are very deadly in a different sort of way. The author probably got Nailer from another book or from a movie. The message that I think the author is trying to say is if YOU want something then chase after it.

5 comments:

  1. I do not agree with you because he could have been explaining his life or something. Not only that but how do you know it is teens? Nailer said he doesn't know his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not agree with you landon nbut i agree with tiffany he doesnt even know his own age. Also I think the author wrote this because he wanted to get out a message about oil and pollution. Considering the fact that the future in the story is basically because of the use of Co2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree with you because that doesn't make much sense to me. I don't understand how he got the half-men from dangerous animals in a different sort of way. I think the author wrote this story because maybe he lived a hard life and he might have thought that if he could get all of those bad memories out he could have moved on. I think he got the ideas of the characters by all of the people around him. He could have got Pima as a friend that has always got his back. I think the message is to not judge a book by its cover, because the swank all judged Nailer before they got to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't agree with you Landon but I do agree with Justin and Kalena. The author could have gotten the characters from one or more books or movies. I think that the message was based on the economy and global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your message and the reason the author wrote the story. Maybe it was to show how hard his life was as a teen. Maybe it was to show how hard it was for the teens around him and/or him. You know Nailer is a teen because on the back of the book it clearly says he is a teenage boy. Also Nailer wanted Nita to get home safely so he chased after his goal and also he chased after Nita literally in the story. But I personally think the message was based on a more bigger scale where our world could become the world in the book where our important resources run low and war starts thus creating the setting.

    ReplyDelete